Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Iris Modest Wedding Dress



The Iris modest wedding dress... I love this dress, and I know there are many happy brides out there who have chosen and loved this dress as well :) Where do I begin, there are so many great things about this dress (no, I'm not biased at all)! This is probably my most "fun" design yet, and it is a style that looks good on pretty much everyone, no matter what your body type. This style of modest wedding dress is perfect for a wedding in spring, summer or fall (or if you are lucky enough to live in a place that is warm all year round, anytime). The tea length and short cap sleeves keep you cool during those hot months, and allow for comfort AND style on your big day.

The Skirt:
The skirt has eight (yes, eight) layers of chiffon, satin, organza and crinoline; it just makes you want to twist and twirl. The skirt is so flowy and comfortable, you won't have to worry about whether or not you will actually be able to sit or move in your wedding dress.


The Neckline & Sleeves:
The bateau neckline is an elegant classic; it is not so modest that it is stifling, but gives you peace of mind so that you are not worried about having anything show that shouldn't. The sleeves are the perfect length of cap sleeves; long enough so that lds temple garments can be covered if necessary, but short enough that your arms won't be completely restricted in movement.

The Bodice:
Even though the dress itself is so flowy, the bodice is still structured with boning and lined with bra cups. The sash around the waist accentuates a small waist, or creates the appearance of a small waist.

The Details:
The chiffon covered buttons along the zipper line, the rouched sash and bow, and the organza peep underskirt come together to create a unique blend of vintage, modern and classic elegance for today's beautiful bride!
One more thing... the Iris wedding dress is named after my adorable niece, Iris!
The Iris Modest Wedding Dress by Abigail Wright Designs can be purchased here for $549.00.











16 comments:

  1. This could be worn as an informal wedding dress, like for a court house wedding or for a destination wedding. And since some brides are using 2 dresses for their wedding... this would be great for a reception wedding dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am completely in love with this dress! I wish it came in a color so I could get it for my prom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh.. i just found your website and now your blog.. i think i'm your biggest fan. seriously.. you've what i've been looking for FOREVER. i swear, i'm not proposing.. hah but seriously. you rock. are you going to post some special occasion dresses soon? i need one in february and i'd LOVE to wear a color version of this little number. coolness. thanks so much!! can i be you when i grow up? k good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops.. i posted as my husband.. i promise. HAH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abigail, I have been obsessed with this dress for quite a while now. Pretty much since you posted it on here lol I hope it stays around for a while, because I'm not getting married for another couple years, but I absolutely need to have this for my reception dress! :) Here's hoping it'll still be available!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I simply adore this dress! I'm not a member of LDS but am seriously considering this dress for my wedding in HI in about a year. I'm 47 years old and I think it would be perfectly lovely and appropriate for an outdoor wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the best dress I've ever seen. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for posting...totally in love with those wedding flowers

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such an adorable dress. I never considered a short skirt wedding dress before but I am really in love with this. It is hard to find beautiful and modest lds wedding dresses but I think this one could work well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to have a nice modest wedding dress like this one at my wedding. I just love it. Thanks so much for the pictures and the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This modest wedding dress is very nice designed and also a looking so adorable in white color. This is a perfectly suits for beach wedding planner brides. This is also wearable for women on some other special occasions just like a friend's wedding or reception party.

    Cocktail Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  12. The skirt has eight (yes, eight) layers of chiffon, satin, organza and crinoline; it just makes you want to twist and twirl. The skirt is so flowy and comfortable, you won't have to worry about whether or not you will actually be able to sit or move in your wedding dress. modest bridesmaid dresses

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am very interested in this dress. I just realized this is from 2010 and I am hoping you are still in the business. Please respond if you are.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful information. Keep posting this kind of information so that people get lots of information from here. Find a personal shopper

    ReplyDelete